I’ve mentioned before that I love to learn new things. I’m drawn to things that are unique – well, at least unique to me. From the types of adventures and travels to the people I meet, this quest to understand more of the world, learn from its varied people, and overcome challenges also overflows into my CRE deals. I like those deals with interesting clients or have particularly complicated components. I enjoy figuring things out and making deals work.
When I joined the Army right out of high school, I had to quickly learn how to navigate the unfamiliar and work within a governmental system. This experience has helped equip CEG to not only do deals in the private sector, but also the public. Here are five ways this benefits our clients:
1. Because of my service in the Army and being a commercial broker, we were sought out by the state and fast-tracked to become the first Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) brokerage in the Twin Cities. We have the credentials and certifications required to tap into the government listing and marketing network. That means the audience for our clients bridges the private and public sectors.
2. We understand the requirements necessary for a public organization to complete a deal. Patience is necessary and having a consistent attention to detail is a must. Public deals can be complex, and we understand what it takes to get the deal done. That’s a benefit to owners and landlords as well as governmental agencies.
3. We’ve been sought out by the government to assist state and local departments/branches in their commercial real estate deals. This includes the MNDOT, school districts, and metro municipalities. These connections and the ability to navigate complex deals make us stronger in doing deals for all our clients.
4. We understand what it’s like to work with the government and the pressures and responsibilities of decision-makers. Clear communication, honest evaluations, and effective negotiations are a must. We carry these through all of our deals, as we want to be efficient with our clients’ time and money while negotiating for the best terms.
5. In the big scheme of things, it is better for all of us to have governmental agencies work with brokers who are experts and understand the market. They can negotiate better terms, find the right locations, and save taxpayers money. That’s a win for sure.
Jeff Salzbrun is the owner and broker of Commercial Equities Group (CEG). As a veteran-owned real estate brokerage, CEG has been involved in thousands of sale and lease transactions, ranging from single offices to 250,000+ square foot buildings. At CEG, we get your deal done. We know space, and we know the CRE business.
#CommercialRealEstateBroker #CREbroker #broker #WeKnowSpace #WeGetDealsDone #CEGknowspace #CEGspaces #CEGTwinCities #commercial #commercialproperty #MN #twincities #CRE #twincitiescommercialrealestate #MNbusiness #CREinvesting #BuyCRE #retail #office #officespace #industrial #industrialproperty #warehouse #land #hospitalityCRE #mixeduseCRE #CREgovernment #government #publicsector #privatesector #unique