Brokers know brokers. Sometimes people have the perception that we’re adversaries. That’s not my experience, and that surprises some. Here’s my take on what it’s really like amongst brokers in the Twin Cities market:
1. We talk. Commercial real estate is a relationship-oriented business. It’s how we get deals done. So there’s no doubt, after many years in the business, like-minded people form friendships or at least have a strong working connection.
2. We want what’s best for our clients. And that means we have to work with other brokers to get the end result our clients need. Because of varied experiences in the industry, we all have different tools. It’s a combination of those tools that helps build and complete deals for our clients.
3. We’re connected. Experienced brokers have contractors, bankers, lawyers, financial advisors, and other businesses at the ready in our phone. And those people work with other brokers. It’s really a small world when you think about connections between people. Successful brokers work to honor their reputations, that means “playing well with others.” Nobody wants to be that a** no one wants to work with.
4. We choose honesty and transparency. Facts are facts. CRE is a referral business, so a strong and positive reputation is necessary for success. Operating with integrity is essential. The lifespan of a dishonest broker is short lived once the word is out. It’s simply not worth the risk. Working with a broker that has proven their integrity and operated honestly makes the next deal easier to get done. And of course, it’s the right thing to do.
5. We’re problem solvers. The nature of being a broker is to figure things out. There are a lot of moving parts to a deal, and brokers have to work together to get to them done. We need to have open communication, shared purpose, and trust for the win-win. That collaboration helps build connections and keep the deals and money flowing.
I’ve made countless broker friends over the years and have been fortunate to work with greats across the US. These connections have helped many clients achieve their goals. As CEG brings more buying, selling, leasing, and investing opportunities to our clients, we tapped into our vast network and added two more strategic team members. I’ll introduce them next week in my Friday short (not quite a blog 👨🚀).
Jeff Salzbrun is the owner and broker of Commercial Equities Group (CEG). As a veteran-owned real estate brokerage, CEG has been involved in thousands of sale and lease transactions, ranging from single offices to 250,000+ square foot buildings. At CEG, we get your deal done. We know space, and we know the CRE business.
#CommercialRealEstateBroker #SDVOSB #CREbroker #broker #WeKnowSpace #WeGetDealsDone #CEGknowspace #CEGspaces #CEGTwinCities #commercial #commercialproperty #MN #twincities #CRE #twincitiescommercialrealestate #MNbusiness #CREinvesting #BuyCRE #retail #office #officespace #industrial #industrialproperty #warehouse #land #hospitalityCRE #mixeduseCRE #CREinvestment #CREinvestmentproperty #brokers