Contacting Brokers in 2022’s Fast-Moving Market
Updated: Jan 10, 2022
We are in some crazy times. Great properties are moving fast, and a successful broker must be a fantastic juggler. Brokers work in a relationship-industry, as we set up deals between people. That means, we might get hundreds of calls or messages a day. So, how do you ensure your call, text, DM, or email gets noticed when things are moving fast? Here are my five tips to make sure you get a response and beat the pack to get your deal done.
1. If calling, leave a voicemail. We get calls from random numbers all day long. Making your number stand out in that list is almost impossible. So, if you don’t leave a voicemail, chances are you won’t get a call back.
2. Be concise and specific. Provide context by stating your purpose, timeline, and contact information (if calling, you may want to spell your name). Provide just enough information for someone to want to return your call or message.
3. Be intentional. Avoid asking if something is available. Instead, state what specific property or type of space you’re after. That way, if your initial property interest is no longer on the market, the broker may know of another space that could be a great alternative.
4. Be prepared. Having your financials in order before engaging with a broker communicates to them (and sellers/landlords) you are serious about buying or leasing a property. It’s preparation that may help you get that deal over another party.
5. Be realistic. Prioritize the “must have” versus “would prefer” items on your wish list before reaching out. In this tight CRE market, you need to enter deals with an open mind, be flexible in your conversations, and timely with your decision-making.
Ultimately, brokers want to follow up. By using the above tips, you give the broker a chance to be prepared when responding to help you make that deal. I’m here to help if you have any questions (612-788-1552 or jeff@CEGspaces.com).
Jeff Salzbrun is the owner and broker of Commercial Equities Group (CEG). As a veteran-owned real estate brokerage, CEG has been involved in many sale and lease transactions, ranging from single offices to 250,000+ square foot buildings. At CEG, we get your deal done. We know space, and we know the CRE business.
#CommercialRealEstateBroker #broker#CEGknowspace#CEGspaces #CEGTwinCities #officespace #industrialproperty #mixeduseCRE #commercial #commercialproperty #MN #twincities #CRE #twincitiescommercialrealestate #MNbusiness #CREinvesting #BuyCRE #lease #land #industrial #office #CREinvestment #CREinvestmentproperty #brokers #callabroker